I invite you to linger and browse.
In my Gestalt practice, I work in the following areas, among others:
Individual and couple therapy
Educational and life counseling
Work with children and adolescents
Supervision and coaching
Education and training
Theme centered events
If you are interested, please feel free to contact me personally.
Missed the event?
Sorry for that. If you are interested, please send me an email with your questions or requests.
Also for 2022/2023 dates for our groups and courses are planned again. Please keep yourself informed about current dates by checking this page every now and then.
Click on the Groups & Courses icon above to see a list of current [Groups & Courses].
Or contact me so I can send you the new dates as soon as they are set. [Email]
Currently running the group
Body and Energy Processes in Gestalt Work
A supervision and continuing education program for practicing counselors, therapists and supervisors. Knowledge and skills are learned to consciously use body processes in the therapeutic counseling situation.
11 dates, 3rd Thursday of each month in the early evening hours (except holidays). This group runs until June 2022.
On September 19, 2022 this group will restart:
as a practical basis for a good life
Guidance for a revival of the self and unfolding of the personality.
6 dates, every 3rd Monday of the month in the early evening hours (except during holidays).
Our book has just been published in Mandarin on the Chinese market.
The book “Gestalt Therapy with Groups guides us on the journey of discovery of our soul, full of curiosity, speculation and creativity.”
Prof. Dr. SHI Qijiia, Professor of Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Vice Director of Gestalt Group of Committee of Clinical and Counseling Psychology, Chinese Psychological Society
In contrast to therapy, counselling always deals with one or more concrete, limited problems for which the client wants a solution.
Counselling will provide you with very concrete information and advice that can help you, if needed.
In most cases, however, this will not be the most important thing, because guidebooks, self-help books and well-meaning friends, acquaintances and relatives are often sufficiently available. The focus in counselling is rather to help you find the solution that is right for you. Only if it is tailor-made can you implement it. At the same time, you will learn by example how to solve problems satisfactorily in the future.
The duration of counselling is usually much shorter than that of therapy. Sometimes, however, counselling can turn into a longer-term therapy. In this case, the framework will be newly agreed upon.
These problems could be assigned to different areas.
- Life counselling: mastering the transition from one stage of life to the next, moving out of home, end of employment …
- Couple counselling: when there is a crisis in the relationship …
- Educational counselling: e.g. setting limits, supporting children at school …
- Family counselling: when parents separate, patchwork families, difficulties with children with behavioural problems …
- Vocational counselling: in case of difficulties at work, vocational reorientation …
- Nutrition counselling: in case of dissatisfaction with weight …
- Other: for example, smoking cessation, potency problems …
Therapy is about entrenched patterns that prevent the full development of your potential and stand in the way of shaping your life in a satisfying way.
Perhaps you are already aware of these patterns and you have also tried to help yourself, but without the desired success. Instead, you are stuck.
In therapy you can experience and appreciate the meaning of stuck patterns on the background of your personal life story. They always refer to encounters and events in your life so far that are still open. In the therapeutic situation, they can be brought back to life in order to find self-determined closure.
You are guided to trust your own perception. Without much willful effort, your process of change has thus begun.
Unlike counselling, therapy lasts longer, at least for adults, usually 2 to 5 years. Ideally, you will have one therapy session every week for the first 2 years – sometimes two in times of crisis. After about 2 years, the frequency of sessions can decrease – depending on your needs.
Reasons for therapy
- an acute life crisis – such as illness or separation
- a diffuse dissatisfaction in your life
- entrenched patterns that prevent you from shaping your life satisfactorily
- the desire,
- to make sense of these entrenched patterns;
- to heal old wounds;
- to finally be able to express what has been held back for a long time;
- to experience something new;
- to try out ways of behaving that spring from your inner self;
- to improve your own perception and to trust it;
- to allow closeness and contact.
Supervision is first and foremost about relieving the burden and appreciating the work done. In addition, it helps to recognise entanglements and blind spots and to develop alternative ways of acting.
In many helping and educational professions, people are often left to their own devices and confronted with high complex demands.
A feeling of powerlessness, excessive demands and inadequacy can quickly creep in.
In private life, it is then not really possible to switch off, the professional stress has an effect on leisure time. In the long run, this can lead to chronic exhaustion and burnout.
A vicious circle has developed: The serious loss of zest for life in turn severely impairs the ability to work. Regular supervision can help prevent this. With a fresh look at the situation, alternative courses of action can be invented together, releasing the client to take responsibility for desired changes.
I offer individual, group and team supervision.
Team supervision can be about individual cases and/or the team as a whole.
Individual supervision usually lasts 1 hour, group or team supervision usually at least 2 hours.
Content and function of supervision
- a theoretical understanding of a problematic situation. Here, systemic constellations, clarification of orders, as well as clarification of realisable goals can contribute to relief.
- Access to one’s own emotional involvement. The expression of feelings held back in the work situation and their classification has a relieving, liberating and clarifying effect.
- Concrete information and instructions for action.
- Mobilisation of own creativity and support.
- Guidance on mental hygiene: learning to set better boundaries, self-care, self-esteem, etc.
- Promotion of perceptive and contact skills.
- Development of self-determination and individual working style.
The Gestalt education serves the development of the personality as the basis for an expansion of professional competence.
In cooperation with the Gestalt Institute Hamburg, which is recognised by the German Association for Gestalt Therapy (DVG), I also offer training in Gestalt therapy. For more detailed information see the link below. The seminars take place mainly in my practice in Koblenz and it is possible to join at any time. The meetings are approximately once a month. After 2 taster weekends you can commit yourself for 1 year at a time. For example, for a degree as a Gestalt counsellor you will need at least 2 years, for one as a Gestalt therapist 4 years.
The training consists to a large extent of self-experience and guided practice. From this, a theoretical understanding of the Gestalt approach can gradually develop, supplemented by theoretical teaching of the essential concepts of Gestalt by the trainers.
Participants will gain a deeper understanding of how processes of change can be stimulated and accompanied.
If you are interested, you are welcome to arrange a non-binding information session with me [Email].
Dear interested party.
In order to be able to process your enquiry, I need at least your surname and your valid email address or telephone number.
I ask for your understanding. Of course, I will treat your data as well as your request absolutely confidentially.
Thank you very much.
Praxis für Gestaltarbeit, Psychotherapie u. Beratung
Communicate with me
+49 261 / 973 0738 oder
+49 261 / 973 324 44
The practice is centrally located near the Koblenz Castle and can be reached on foot in 15 minutes from the main railway station. Some parking spaces are available at the Castle and at the Forum.